10/31/13

Happy Halloween tags TUTORIAL

In Finland, where I live, Halloween is not yet a huge celebration day. However, I like the idea of decorating your home, lighting up candles, carving pumpkins, dressing up for a costume party, and just having a lot of fun in the middle of the darkest times of the year. And the different shades of orange, purple and black seem to be the right colors to play with just now.
W Finlandii, gdzie żyję, Halloween nie jest zbyt popularne. Mimo to, podoba mi się pomysł z dekorowaniem domu, zapalaniem świeczek, wycinaniem dyń, przebieraniem się w kostiumy - to wszystko brzmi jak świetna zabawa podczas tej ciemniejszej części roku. Te wszystkie odcienie pomarańczu, fioletów i czerń są idealne na tę porę.


I wanted to show you two bright-colored tags I made for Halloween:
Oto two tagi, które zrobiłam na Halloween:


For these tags I used simple manilla tags of size 8 (approx. 8 cm x 16 cm).
Tagi powstały na bazie z papieru manilla, w rozmiarze około 8x16cm

Tag on the right - Village skyline Tag po prawej  - miejska panorama

I started with inking the background with yellow, orange and black inks. First I used the lighter colors moving on to the edges with darker colors.
Zaczęłam od tuszowania odcieniami żółtego, pomarańczowego i czerni. Zaczęłam od jasnego na środku, zmieniając odcienie ku ciemniejszym brzegom.


When finished I inked the edges slightly with black ink.
Brzegi zostały delikatnie wycieniowane czarnym tuszem.


Then I removed one strip of chevron chipboard, cut it in half and colored with black marker. Using the chipboard as stencil I traced a chevron pattern on a piece of black cardstock and cut the upper edge following the trace line. 
Kawałek tekturki "chevron", po pokolorowaniu czarnym markerem, posłużyła jako dachy dla miejskich domków.


Using a white gel marker pen I draw some windows to the houses and cut out a few windows with a crafting knife. When done I clued the chevron chipboard on the top edge of the cardstock, making it the roof for my houses. When dry I glued the row of the cardstock houses to the bottom of my tag, and trimmed off the excess.
Białym żelowym długopisem narysowałam trochę okienek, trochę okienek wycięłam skalpelem, następnie przykleiłam dachy i odcięłam nadmiar papieru z góry.



I finished the tag by painting a moon to the sky (used a round stencil and a white acrylic paint dubber), fussy cutting three bats, and gluing them on the upper part of the tag. The greeting text is written with Dymo, adhered on a strip of white vellum and stapled on the tag. 
Tag wykończyłam domalowując księżyc i doklejając wycięte nietoperze.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjNxDiDyhEy2OTVh1bF0VIfUGoMVTj4NK4Id6bmVPzpbZeiOvIk44bXAl9uHRWNWwQmUFyREvUtqfjcMj4n8AGjVMfM5GM2VMmEvd4lz9zaNRt6ki753lSExWsaO-7awtF5hQBKJ0Tn-ikJ/s1600/Halloween-tag-1c.jpg https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgMtGFCfaVsiLWrgf4jyGx6EUDnz7FzBbwXszbARhUOtFIbIILsJt92Kh7IA3QJf4JsmeLZumMV9D1htgq_m4dvlakhoIrgZYuiR_1lsku-uCJIdQb1TzRCuE5arrvtJOCX7yhVe8uMbD8L/s1600/Halloween-tag-2.jpg

*
Tag on the left - Alone in the forest    Tag "Sama w lesie"

 The second tag I started with embossing a branch image on the top of the tag (with clear embossing ink and black embossing powder).
Drugiego taga zaczęłam od embossowania na gorąco wzoru gałązki (przezroczysty tusz i czarny puder).


Then I inked the image with yellow, orange and brown Distressing inks.
Tuszowanie! Na żółto, pomarańczowo i brązowo.


I stamped the lovely girl image 'Helen' on white cardstock and colored it with Promarkers. Then I stamped leaf images on the cardstock and colored them with yellow and brown inks. For this I used an older stamp design, but instead you could very well use Funky leaves.
Then I fussy cut both the girl and the leafs, and clued them on the tag.
Stempel "Helen" odbiłam na białej tekturce, pokolorowałam ją markerami. To samo zrobiłam z "Braid", który posłużył za listki. Równie dobrze sprawdziłby się w tej roli "funky leaves". 


 Products used:  Użyte produkty:
                 braid



Wishing you Happy Halloween!  
Jeszcze raz życzę Wam wesołego Halloween!


Ściskam,
Hugs, 

Elina

2 comments: